Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 7:44pm.
Will you please look at this question and look at what I've posted that my text states, to be sure my answer is correct. I want to be sure I understoood my text correctly.
It has been recommended that
limited-English speaking children attend preschools:
A. after becoming proficient in English.
B. where only English is spoken.
C. where both languages are spoken.
D. where only their native language
My text states:
"Weaver (1998)recommends that children
who do not speak English natively attend preschools where there native language is spoken,in addition to English, so that they do not lose the
ability to communicate with family
and community members who may be
monolingual in a language other than
Have I understood my text correctly?
Is this the most appropriate answer?
(C) where both languages are spoken.
- Early child ed. - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 7:48pm
Yes, you've read your text correctly. It recommends that children whose native language is not English attend a preschool where both languages are spoken. C. is your best answer.
The trouble, though, that we have immigrants from many different countries. It would be virtually impossible for all of them to have their native language spoken at school.
Answer this Question
- Early Child Ed. - Would the best answer for this question be: #1 or #3? A change...
- English - 1. Make sure you go to bed early. 2. Make sure you play ping-pong with...
- answer a question - Why has no one answered my two math questions i put on here...
- Ms. Sue -- this is for you! - Ms.Sue,I need your help! If you don't mind,Would ...
- 9th Grade Math - Hey, I finished my math homework, and im not so sure i did it ...
- Chemistry - electron configuration - Hello Dr.Bob. Could you please take a look ...
- Physics - please check over - Could I please get some further assistance on a ...
- Communication - The perception process involves three parts: listening, ...
- Accounting - I'm tryng to draft a End of the Month Income Statement and I'm not ...
- Early Child Ed. - Please help! During class fingerpainting activity, Doresha ...