Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 7:44pm.
Will you please look at this question and look at what I've posted that my text states, to be sure my answer is correct. I want to be sure I understoood my text correctly.
It has been recommended that
limited-English speaking children attend preschools:
A. after becoming proficient in English.
B. where only English is spoken.
C. where both languages are spoken.
D. where only their native language
My text states:
"Weaver (1998)recommends that children
who do not speak English natively attend preschools where there native language is spoken,in addition to English, so that they do not lose the
ability to communicate with family
and community members who may be
monolingual in a language other than
Have I understood my text correctly?
Is this the most appropriate answer?
(C) where both languages are spoken.
Early child ed. - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 7:48pm
Yes, you've read your text correctly. It recommends that children whose native language is not English attend a preschool where both languages are spoken. C. is your best answer.
The trouble, though, that we have immigrants from many different countries. It would be virtually impossible for all of them to have their native language spoken at school.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Early Child Ed. - Can you help me with this question? Please tell me if I have ...
- science - what does it mean to survey a text ? a) read the text and take ...
- microsoft office aplication-computers - what is an advantage of inputting text ...
- Early Child Ed. - Would the best answer for this question be: #1 or #3? A change...
- Child safety- car seat question - To function properly,children's safety seats ...
- chemsitry - home / study / questions and answers / science / chemistry / make ...
- Language Arts - What is a text feature? This term refers to a variety of things...
- Ms. Sue-- """this is for you""--------I need help! - MsSue, I know you have ...
- Chemistry - ok.. im confused: Ammonia and oxygen react in the equation: 4NH³+5O...
- Early Child Ed. -Please help! - Would you please check these questions and my ...