Posted by Deb on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 1:42pm.
Hello, and thank you in advance for your help!
I'm writing on behalf of my daughter in 6th grade, who was crying last night about a project that's due tomorrow (Wednesday). For Math, she's supposed to choose her favorite number (16) and create a "project" highlighting the number, including the following vocabulary terms:
It can be a story, poem, poster or whatever?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, as she doesn't know where to start and neither do I! What a weird assignment!
- math - Jack, Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 2:05pm
It's not usual for some people to feel overwhelmed by such an open-ended assignment -- I was often confused when I wasn't told exactly what I was to do (I worried that I'd do it wrong, maybe?).
If it were me, I might go for a poster, and come up with creative ways to display things such as the factors of 16, what 16 is divisible by, whether it's odd or even, etc. Or, if I chose a poem, I might compose one that explains those things in verse.
Good luck and post if you need more help. :)
- math - Deb, Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 9:10pm
Thanks for answering, Jack! A poster it is, and she's trying her best to be "creative" with the #16, as you suggested, with the factors, etc.
Answer this Question
- science 6th grade - do you know where I can find in abc order all of the STATES ...
- Didn't do research paper - I have a research paper due TOMOROW that my English ...
- English - 1. You are to finish this project by tomorrow. 2. You must finish this...
- 2nd grade - can you please help me with my project its about different types of ...
- Writing - Help me please! My daughter is failing in the 4th grade with her ...
- 6th grade - Hello, I need help in trying to figure out rates (as in ratios and ...
- Math - I'm trying to help my daughter that is in the 6th grade, but I have no ...
- Types of Business Writing - Write an e-mail of 6–10 sentences based on the ...
- math - you got 8 hours of sleep on monday night and 7 hours of sleep on tuesday ...
- Science - I am in 4th grade and I picked the red cabbage indicator as part of my...