Posted by Samantha on Monday, September 24, 2007 at 10:15pm.
I had a list of 50 words to change the parts of speech of. I got most of them but I can't seem to find these anywhere.
Conjure - change to a noun and adj.
pernicious - change to a noun and verb
diffident - change to a noun and verb
lament - change to an adj.
rancor - change to a verb and adj.
enmity - change to a verb and adj.
discourse - change to a verb and adj.
perjury - change to a verb and adj.
Could someone help me?
- Parts of Speech - Writeacher, Monday, September 24, 2007 at 10:23pm
I looked up "pernicious" at http://www.answers.com, and found only the adjective form (which is obvious from the -ous on the end of it).
You could make it a noun by adding the ending -ness.
You can also go to http://www.onelook.com and enter the main part of each word and an asterisk (wild card!) -- and see what comes up.
Let us know what you find.
And remember that there are some pretty standard adjective and noun endings:
Let us know what else you come up with.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- major parts of speech - select the incorrect statement. a. Major parts of speech...
- English - Parts of Speech - I want the definition of all Parts of Speech(not too...
- English - Parts of Speech - In the sentence "He is projected to win," what part ...
- eighth grade english parts of speech - what part of speech is the word in
- Adverbs and other parts of speech - which one of the following words phrases if ...
- the parts of speech - 10. In the following sentence, identify the part of ...
- English -Part of speech - Can someone please help? I have a list word I need to ...
- english - identifying the parts of speech of each wording by placing the ...
- parts of speech - What parts of speeech in English express huour
- the parts of speech - 1. Write the verb "see" in the present perfect tense. Use...