Posted by Tara on Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 12:34pm.
I need help finding out if i underlined the correct words that are nouns. If you wouldnt mind helping could you tell me what words are nouns so i know if i did it right?
1)The time was running out on the contest.
2)Even when she took the cold medicince, Sara wasn't able to stop coughing.
3)Tom hanks has to be considered one of the greatest actors of our generation.
4)In this computer age, students need to have many skills.
5)Seattle, Washington gets more rainfall than nearly every city in North America.
english 11 - Al, Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 12:37pm
1) time, contest
2) she, medicine, Sara
3) Tom Hanks, actors, generation
4) age, students, skills
5) seattle,washington, rainfall, city, North America
english 11 - GuruBlue, Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 1:00pm
Tara, Al's answer for #2 is incorrect. There is also a mistake in #3
If you will make the corrections, we will be happy to check your work.
somthing - emily, Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 2:03pm
i think you are right but im not very clever so wait for someone else to speak. could you help me with my science?
Emily - GuruBlue, Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 2:12pm
Please post your science question in a new post. A science teacher will then be able to see that you need help.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Nouns - Our son's 3rd grade teacher gave out a homework assignment which had the...
- Maths - A page of text is analysed, and of the 150 words on it, 30 are nouns, 10...
- English grammar - There are five kinds of nouns: Common nouns, collective nouns...
- Noiuns - Our son's 3rd grade teacher gave out a homework assignment which had ...
- English/Spelling - Here is a list of words. 1. moral, 1. morality 2. mental, 2. ...
- critical thinking - What is the difference between abstract nouns and concrete ...
- english-creative writing - I really want a list of strong words; nouns, ...
- English - Ms. Sue are there any improper nouns or odd nouns, because according ...
- Language art - Are the words " knowledgable and "daring" nouns in the sentence...
- English - Question 9 How is an amount indicated for a noncount noun? add an -es ...