Posted by Anonymous on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 8:20pm.
I asked this question yesterday.
I still need help with it.
Hannah's mother said,
"Hannah is such a pencil-and-paper kid."
It is likely that Hannah:
A. will be an artist
B. will learn to write,forming her
C. will be a good reader
D. does not enjoy being read to.
I know the correct answer is either:
(B) will learn to write,forming her
(C) will be a good reader
I done a google search. I typed in
D. Durkin (1996)"pencil-and-paper kid.
According to Durkin a pencil and paper
kid is a child who is an early reader or an early writer.
Please do the google search for yourself- and let me know if you think
(B) will learn to write,forming her letters perfectly.
(C)will be a good reader.
I am kinda thinking (C)would be a better answer because, if she is an early reader wouldn't she become a good reader?
If she is an early writer she wouldn't
form her letters perfectly.
Please give help on this question.
which would be a better answer?
B or C?
- Early Child Ed. - SraJMcGin, Friday, September 21, 2007 at 8:32pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. I did not try this question yesterday, but hopefully something here will help you. A child learns to read before he/she writes. Writing is the final step after listening, repeating, reading, writing.
What exactly is the age of this child?
- Early Child Ed. - Anonymous, Friday, September 21, 2007 at 8:37pm
This question is on my assignment--no age given.
- Early Child Ed. - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 21, 2007 at 10:29pm
Anonymous -- there is no "right" answer for this question. Whoever made up this question didn't consider its ramifications and the confusion it causes.
The term "pencil and paper kid" is ambiguous and means different things to different mothers.
From your research, you can see that both answers (B and C) may be correct. The child may learn to read or write at an early age. But, being a "pencil and paper kid," according to the mother, doesn't determine which of these choices is most likely to occur.
Even teachers make mistakes. The person who devised this question and the choices of answers made a mistake because there could be two correct answers.
- Ms. Sue - Please help and give input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 6:34am
Which one should I put?
which do you consider to be the better answer?
- Early Child Ed. - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 10:48am
Please use your judgment. As a prospective classroom paraprofessional, you'll find many times when you need to use your judgment to help children.
- Early Child Ed. - Kay, Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 4:56pm
The answer is (C)
Answer this Question
- Elem. Ed. - Please let me know if you agree with my answers to these two ...
- Reposted Question /Reading & Writing and exposure - I have asked this question ...
- weight issues - : My question: DO you agree with Ellen when she said that ...
- Math - Hannah's teacher brought in a bucket containing 72 blocks. The blocks are...
- Math - Hannah sliced a pie into 12 equal pieces.Hannah and her brothers ate 3 of...
- Math - Hannah has $120. Hannah and Peter have $230. Peter has 6 times as many ...
- Finance - You are currently only invested in the Natasha Fund (aside from risk-...
- math - hannah morris and hannah kim are going for the top batting average in ...
- math - hannah and francine has $120. Hannah and peter has $230. Peter has 6 ...
- math - Yanira is 3 years older than Tim and twice as old as Hannah. Tim is 2 ...