Posted by Stumped Student on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 11:39pm.
At 3:00 PM a man 144 cm tall casts a shadow 146 cm long. At the same time, a tall building nearby casts a shadow 171 m long. How tall is the building?
Give your answer in meters. (You may need the fact that 100 cm = 1 m.)
CALCULUS - bobpursley, Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 4:16am
Cant you use a ratio here?
h1/s1=h2/s2 solve for h2
CALCULUS - good, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 11:15am
CALCULUS - good, Friday, January 4, 2013 at 11:40am
CALCULUS - Anonymous, Monday, August 12, 2013 at 2:50am
a rectangular lot is bounded at the back by a river . No fence is needed along the river and three is to be a 24-ft. opening in front. if the fence along the front costs $1.50 per ft.,along the sides $1 per ft. find the dimensions of the largest lot which can be thus fenced in for $300
CALCULUS - Alexandra, Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 11:18am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - At 3:00 PM a man 146 cm tall casts a shadow 136 cm long. At the same time...
- Pre-algebra - A pole that is 3.1m tall casts a shadow that is 1.64m long. At the...
- math - A pole that is 2.9m tall casts a shadow that is 1.39m long. At the same ...
- geometry - Marcia is 1.5 meters tall. She casts a shadow that is 2 meters long. ...
- 8 th grade - person 6 ft.tall casts a shadow of 8 ft. long what is height of ...
- Math...I think... - A building casts a shadow 54 feet long at the same time a 6 ...
- geometry - How tall is a tower if it casts a shadow 65 ft long at the same time ...
- Math - 2. A 21 meter tall tree near a building casts a shadow that is 24 meters ...
- Math - A pole that is 3.2m tall casts a shadow that is 1.4m long. At the same ...
- Math - A post 8 m tall casts a shadow of 11m A tall building nearby casts a ...