Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 9:41pm.
Would you please look at these two questions and my answers to make sure they're correct? If they're wrong let me know!
1.Michael said,"That says Ms. Ramsey."
Michael cannot really read or sound
out"Ms. Ramsey,"but he has seen it
often enough that he recognizes it,
A. phonetically reading
B. sight reading
C. using the alphabetic principle
D. guessing at words
2. Emma wrote "HESADG." She read it
to her teacher as "Henry saw a dog."
Emma was using:
A. invented spelling
B. sight reading
C. phonemic awareness
D. emergent writing
#1.(C) using the alphabetic principle
#2.(A) invented spelling
thank you very much!
- preschool/Literacy - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 9:56pm
What does your text say about the alphabetic principle and invented spelling?
- preschool/Literacy - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 10:05pm
alphabetic principle- the awareness that spoken language can be analyzed
as strings of separate words and that words,in turn,as sequences of syllables and phonemes within syllables.
invented spelling- the result of an attempt to spell a word whose spelling
is not already known,based on a writer's knowledge of the spelling system and how it works.
- Ms. Sue------- Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 10:11pm
- preschool/Literacy - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 10:10am
Sorry I didn't see your post last night, but I usually sign off around 10 p.m.
Since alphabetic principle is awareness of spoken language, I don't think alphabetic principle applies to the first example. Children learn sight reading by recognizing the shapes of words. Michael has seen Ms. Ramsey in print often enough that he is sight reading her name.
I agree with your second answer. Emma is using invented spelling.
- preschool/Literacy - Educated Black Sister, Thursday, March 13, 2014 at 5:13pm
The correct answer for question one would be;B. sight reading.
-Preschool children may recognize environmental print words before they know the name of any alphabet letters.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Psychology - Select one theory of personality and use this theory to tell ...
- physics - michael starts at x=3 m and travels to the right at a constant 6 m/s ...
- english - can you please correct this. i compared michael jackson's life to ...
- Math - A multiple choice quiz contains five question. Each question has four ...
- english - please correct - Michael - Michael, is there anymore paragraph you ...
- Math - Hi, I really need help on this question, I'm stuck. Lake View Middle ...
- Psychology - I have looked and looked to answer this question. If any one can ...
- Math - HELP! I have a math question the says this: In track practice, Jesse ran ...
- 3 grade english - graphic sources are sources of information such as maps charts...
- Preschool/Storytelling - Would you please look over my answers to these ...