Posted by Anonymous on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 9:22pm.
Please look over these questions and my answers to see if I have chosen the most appropriate answer.
1. Luis is being introduced to the
finger play "Friends at Play."
It is very likely that Luis will:
A. do the finger movements first.
B. learn the words first.
C. not participate if he doesn't
understand the words.
D. learn the words and movements
2. Children learn:
A.)only when teachers use puppets.
B.)only when they use puppets
C.)very little with puppets.
D.)from teachers and themselves when
puppets are used.
- Elem. Ed. - Writeacher, Monday, September 17, 2007 at 9:34pm
I agree with your choice for #2.
Are you assuming that Luis has come into the class knowing no English? (#1)
- Elem. Ed. - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 17, 2007 at 9:36pm
I'm not familiar with "Friends at Play," but I assume it's a story accompanied by finger movements. If that's the case, most young children will imitate the finger movements, even if they don't understand the words. It looks like A is the best answer.
I visited a class of 4- and 5-year olds in Vietnam recently. One of the Americans led the children and teachers in the movement song, "Hokey Pokey." Of course the children didn't understand the words, but they participated in the body movements (put your right foot in, etc.)
Your second answer is right.
- Ms. Sue -- this is for you----------------- Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Anonymous, Monday, September 17, 2007 at 9:47pm
On question #1- if you feel answer (C)
is wrong-- and you feel (A) is a better answer, please explain why (D) wouldn't be a better answer.
- Elem. Ed. - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 17, 2007 at 9:53pm
In my experience most young children are more visual than auditory learners. However, your text may have a different perspective. Does it address auditory versus visual learning in young children?
- Ms, Sue-- this for you--please read!!! - Anonymous, Monday, September 17, 2007 at 10:01pm
Ms. Sue, my text doesn't address auditory versus visual learning--
but choice (D) shouldn't even be considered as the most appropriate answer because children do not do the words first and then the movements.
They do movements first.
So, that leaves (A) as the only choice.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Ms. Sue-- """this is for you""--------I need help! - MsSue, I know you have ...
- Elem. Ed. - Which requires a child's coordination with speech and movement? A. ...
- Math - Tickets to King Middle School play cost $1 for King students and $3 for ...
- Early Childhood Education - A disadvantage of large group times is: A. language ...
- English - 1. What are you able to do? I am able to play the violin. 2. What are ...
- Early Child Ed. - Would you please check these questions and my answers to make ...
- spanish help - Hello, I need to do an essay on this question and have problem ...
- Early Childhood Ed. - Careful teacher supervision and the establishment of rules...
- Math - In a club with 310 peopl, 138 play tennis, 255 play baseball, and 94 ...
- English - 1. I have to go to my English academy to learn English from a native ...