Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 3:17pm.
Would you please help me with this question?
Charlie does not come to group time
on his own. While he is there, he
does not participate or respond.
Which would be best for the teacher
A. insist he participate since this
is the only way he will learn.
B. continue to bring him to group,
but allow him to sit quietly.
C. allow Charlie to participate when
and if he is ready and willing.
D. call on Charlie more often to
Would (C) or (D) be the best answer?
Thanks-- I'm only learning!
- Elem. Ed. - GuruBlue, Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 3:20pm
I would be inclined to go with B. What does your book say about the 'quiet' child? That may give you a better clue.
- This is for GuruBlue - Anonymous, Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 3:37pm
My text states:
Possible child attending behavior will vary from not focused to completely focused and participating,with other behaviors betwwen these two end points. A child may tune in and out, attend but not participate verbally or with body involvement, or attend and participate sporadically.
- Elem. Ed. - GuruBlue, Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 4:44pm
Then I would definitely go with C. Then the child can become involved when he is ready and comfortable.
- GuruBlue-- This is for you-- please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Anonymous, Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 5:16pm
Can you give me some input on why you say (C)?
- Elem. Ed. - GuruBlue, Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 5:38pm
I was agreeing with your book. The child will be there in the group. When something is said that he identifies with, enjoys, then he will feel willing to share. This will occur more and more often as he sees the other members of the group interacting and see that they are enjoying the experience.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Early Childhood Education - A disadvantage of large group times is: A. language ...
- Early Child Ed. - Yes. Temper tantrums are usually caused by a child's ...
- Literature - In "Gumption," why does Charlie Oyster's father challenge the WPA ...
- Elem. Ed. - Can you help with this question? Which would be the best answer? I ...
- English - please correct, if it has any grammatical mistakes... While I was in ...
- Government - I am supposed to come up with a bill for an interest group of our ...
- Math - Charlie is late for the hot-air balloon rally. He stops his car 65 meters...
- No particular subject -- Anyone please - I have a group project that needs to be...
- Pyschology - can anyone help me with this. I can't think of anything or ...
- Psychology - can anyone help me with this. I can't think of anything or explain ...