Posted by cassandra on Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 9:34am.
is the american dream available to everyone?
what criteria should be used to determine when, if ever, the govn`t should be able to limit an individual ability to:
a. believe as one chooses
b. practice one`s beliefs
c.use one`s own property
d. associate with whoever one chooses
- history & english - Writeacher, Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 9:54am
The Constitution and especially the Bill of Rights (first ten amendments).
- history & english - bobpursley, Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 9:55am
These are debatable, legally, morally, and culturally. They were debated when the founding fathers created our country, and still are. Nowadays, the Supreme Court rules in the debate. We will be happy to critique your thinking.
Consider the current events:
The trial of "rape" undergoing now as a side issue in polygamy.
Muslums gathering for prayer and communion and a few radicals come there occassionally.
Prayer in public schools. Prayer at football games.
Chapels in public hospitals with Christian crosses on the walls.
Spanking of ones own children (as if they were one's property)
and so on.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English1A - Are we allowed to post my essay here for proofreading? why is only ...
- english1A-need help with thesis - This is my intro on Individual Opportunity, a ...
- English - How do you determine criteria for evaluating something? What specific ...
- American Dream Project - I have to do an american dream project and as part of ...
- AP English 11 - What did transcendentalism, a subgenre of American romanticism, ...
- english1A - still working on my thesis - I have a couple. If society would ...
- english report - i have to do a persuasive paper on a canidate for president, im...
- HCA 210 - What do you see as the purpose of health insurance? Should there be ...
- English (Media) - I am doing an assignment observing trends, techniques, issues ...
- Business Law - please can you help me in this: Ethical Systems Table Ethical ...