posted by Jen on .
I need to have some problems checked and I need help with one of them.
Determine which two functions are invereses of each other.
1. f(x)=5x, g(x)=x/5, h(x)=5/x
-I got that f(x) and g(x) are invereses
2. f(x)=x-2/2, g(x)=2x-2, h(x)=x+2/2
- I got that none are invereses.
5. f(x)=x^4 -3, g(x)=4th square root -3, h(x)=x^4 + 3
-I am not too sure how to find the inverse on this one.
2. The inverse of (x-2)/2 is f^-1(x) = 2x -2
f and g are inverse functions
5. If f(x) = y,
x = (y+3)^(1/4)
f^-1(x) = (x+3)^(1/4)
That one has no inverse listed.
If h(x)= x^4 + 3
y = x^4 +3
(y-3)^(1/4) = x
h^-1(x) = (x-3)^(1/4)
This may be the same as g(x), but I think you typed g(x) incorrectly, leaving out an x