Posted by Jen on Friday, September 14, 2007 at 11:37pm.
I need to have some problems checked and I need help with one of them.
Determine which two functions are invereses of each other.
1. f(x)=5x, g(x)=x/5, h(x)=5/x
-I got that f(x) and g(x) are invereses
2. f(x)=x-2/2, g(x)=2x-2, h(x)=x+2/2
- I got that none are invereses.
5. f(x)=x^4 -3, g(x)=4th square root -3, h(x)=x^4 + 3
-I am not too sure how to find the inverse on this one.
- Algebra - drwls, Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 1:14am
2. The inverse of (x-2)/2 is f^-1(x) = 2x -2
f and g are inverse functions
5. If f(x) = y,
x = (y+3)^(1/4)
f^-1(x) = (x+3)^(1/4)
That one has no inverse listed.
If h(x)= x^4 + 3
y = x^4 +3
(y-3)^(1/4) = x
h^-1(x) = (x-3)^(1/4)
This may be the same as g(x), but I think you typed g(x) incorrectly, leaving out an x
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra-Functions - Could you please check my answers and help me with two ...
- Algebra problems - I have some problems that I would like checked please. Find ...
- Algebra II - I need some help with some problems as well as need some checked. ...
- Math-Calculus - i have to questions that just need to be checked on to see if i ...
- Algebra - I have some problems that I am having trouble with and I have some ...
- Algebra - I have a few more questions that I either need help with or just need ...
- Algebra - I have some problems that I need help with please. Thanxs! Find the ...
- Algebra 2 - Are the functions f and g inverse functions if f(x)=5/3x+1 and g(x)=...
- Algebra - I also need help with (x)/(x+4)+(4)/(x+4)+2=0. My book says there is ...
- introductory algebra - I had these problems on my test and for some reason got ...