Posted by COFFEE on Friday, September 14, 2007 at 8:09pm.
Fiber Linear Density = 1 denier = 1 g/9000m
Fiber Density = 1.14 g/cm^3
Fiber surface area in cm^2/g
Assume that the fiber strand is a uniform cylinder
Surface area = 3,150 cm^2/g
....... how do i get to the answer? my professor gives us these notes:
Pi*D is the diameter of the top of the cylinder when it is cut vertically in half. and L is the height.
((Pi*D^2)/(4)) * L = volume of the cylinder
((Pi*D^2)/(4)) * L * Density = weight
- Surface Area - bobpursley, Friday, September 14, 2007 at 8:30pm
If it is a cylinder of length L
volume= PI r^2 *L
Surface area= PI*2(r)L
PI*2r*L/(1.14g/cm^2 * PI*r^2*L)
2cm^2/(1.14g*r)= 2/1.14r g/cm^2
= mass/L= volumedensity*volume/L
t hen find the sqrt root of that.
final answer= 2/(1.14r) and it will give you your answer.
- Surface Area - goh han liang, Friday, September 5, 2008 at 7:59am
how to do surface area
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- SCI - What is the function of fiber in the body? o What are some examples of ...
- Statistics for Decision - Calorie Level Fiber Type High Calorie Low Calorie ...
- Math - High Fiber foods have at least 5 gof fiber per serving. Write an ...
- physics - Gold, which has a density of 19.32 g/cm3, is the most ductile metal ...
- physics - Gold, which has a density of 19.32 g/cm^3, is the most ductile metal ...
- nutrition - Is adding a fiber supplement or eating a large bowl of a fiber-...
- Science - I have 2 questions. 1.) Is there a powder that just contains ...
- Math - FiberType HighCalorie LowCalori Totals High Fiber 18 4 22 Medium Fiber 23...
- Physics, Desperate Need of help! - Gold, has a mass of 19.32g for wach cubic ...
- physics - Fiber Optic Distances When light rays travel down optical fibers, they...