Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 6:36pm.
Can you help me with this?
Jason was dictating a story about his
pet hamster to his teacher.
He said,"He climb to the top of his cage and jump down. He be fast."
The teacher should:
A. write,"He climb to the top of his
cage and jump down. He be fast."
B. write,"He climbed to the top of
his cage and jumped down. He was
C. say,"That isn't correct. I'll
write it correctly on the paper."
D. skip that part and write the rest
of the story,if correct.
Would (B) be the best answer?
My text states:
Statements that help children start dictating stories follows:
"Tell me the words you want me to write down on the paper. I'll write them down."
"Do you have a story to tell?"
"I'll write down your words."
"Let's write down what you said about
your new puppy."
"What is the story you would like to
"What are the words to your story?"
- Preschool/child dictation - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 7:02pm
Definitely, B is the only answer. Although the main goal of a child dictating to an adult who writes it down is to tell a story and see it written in real words, a secondary goal is to encourage correct language development.
- Preschool/child dictation - Annon, Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 1:30pm
A. When writing dictation for preschool it is most important to respect their words and write them exactly as they say them. Not doing so would confuse them when you read back to them what they have said. (This response was copied verbatim from another website; I happen to agree.)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. Write down the ideas of your favorite teacher. 2. Write down your ...
- Preschool teacher needs your help... thx alot? - I am a preschool teacher and ...
- child care - When a preschool child experiences sadness, the best way for a ...
- assessing development cognitive language observat - When preschool child is ...
- SOCIAL SKILLS AND MOTOR DEVELOPMENT - 1. When a preschool child experiences ...
- Physics PLEASE - I'm trying to solve this problem Calculate (a) how long it took...
- Preschool teacher needs to thx - I am a preschool (3 year olds) teacher and my ...
- English - 1. He is a social science teacher. 2. He is a SS teacher. 3. She is a ...
- Preschool teacher needs your help... thx - I am a montessori preschool teacher. ...
- English - I writing narrative story on theme that With independence comes ...