Posted by sherlyn on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 8:04pm.
what does "government of laws not of men" mean?
modern world history - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 8:10pm
A government of laws means that we are governed by laws, especially the Constitution. Following these laws leads to a fair and equitable treatment of the people. A government of men means that people govern. Because men are different from each other and not always rational or fair, they may produce an unfair or irrational government.
modern world history - Writeacher, Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 8:10pm
It means that the citizens of the country must follow the LAWS of that country, not their own whims.
This is the reason why vigilantism ( http://www.answers.com/vigilante ) isn't tolerated, even if the public agrees with whatever's been done. And that's only one example.
modern world history - sherlyn, Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 8:23pm
modern world history - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 8:29pm
modern world history - dylan, Friday, September 14, 2007 at 8:12pm
how did humanism influence the growth of learning
modern world history - brittney, Monday, May 19, 2008 at 12:24am
what was the result of tanzania's socialism?
modern world history - brittney, Monday, May 19, 2008 at 12:26am
how colonial rulers remain influential?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- World History (Ms. Sue) - What does Pankhurst mean when she says a ...
- us history - What did President Ford mean when he said "Our great republic is a ...
- World History - 1.Greek and Roman legacies to the modern world include ...
- History - What do we mean when we say the modern world? When did it begin? How ...
- world history - Which of the following describes the specific role of the senate...
- History - 5.)Nat Turner and John Brown were executed by the government for ...
- Civics - A text box reads, If men were angels, no government would be necessary...
- World History - What was the significance of the Code of Hammurabi? The laws ...
- World History - What effects did the Industrial Revolution have on government ...
- history please help - 1. It is responsibility of all citizens too. a. run of ...