Posted by me on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 9:55pm.
What dominant features of the epic do you see at work in Gilgamesh and The Odyssey?
Literature - Writeacher, Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 10:13pm
Definitions of "epic":
Be sure to let us know what you decide, and someone here will give you feedback.
Literature - me, Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 3:54pm
Oedipus is a typical tragic hero in that he is a high-placed person who in many ways brings about his own downfall. The play itself, with its shockingly violent yet logical climax, provides the catharsis (literally "purging" through pity and terror) which Aristotle defined as the essence of tragedy. Also, order is restored at the end, as is usual in tragedy.
Am I on the right track?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- lit - What dominant features of the epic do you see at work in Gilgamesh and The...
- Eng B - Among early epic poems, _____ is the story of a man who searches out a ...
- lit - Discuss the significance of guilt in Gilgamesh, the Old Testament, The ...
- AP Literature - EEssay that makes a meaningful comparison between the Iliad and ...
- english - Which of these are epics? A.Gilgamesh B.Beowulf C.The Odyssey D.All of...
- English Composition - What can we learn about the Early Ancient Civilizations by...
- English 12 - this question is based on the epic of gilgamesh. How important is ...
- English- Anyone who has read The Odyssey - What is the effect of the epic simile...
- Literature - In the book the Odyssey, how does odysseus feel on the day his son ...
- English Literature - Explain why beowulf is an epic poem and why beowulf is an ...