Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 8:04pm.
Is this an example of an assonance?
"Let me in,"
Said the pin.
- English - Jack, Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 8:08pm
I don't think so. There's a rhyme (in/pin) but no assonance (repeated vowel sounds; think alliteration with vowels).
- English - Jack, Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 8:11pm
On second thought, I was too focused on "Look, there's a rhyme, probably not assonance" to notice:
Let in said pin
Where, depending on pronunciation, you could get the same (or close to the same) eh sound in each word, as well as 'the'.
I'm not sure, honestly.
I'm never sure.
I don't know why I post here.
- English - GuruBlue, Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 8:28pm
"Assonance is the repetition of vowel sounds but not consonant sounds as in consonance.
Sweet sleep sweeps the Greek fleet "
- English - Anonymous, Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 8:29pm
would it be alliteration or a metaphor?
- English - Jack, Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 9:11pm
If anything, it's assonance.
Answer this Question
- English - I asked this question a couple of days days ago and noone was really ...
- early childhood - let me in ,"said the pin this is an example of 1 assonance 2 a...
- ece - let me in said the pin is an example of? A. assonance b. metaphor c. ...
- Early childhood literacy - "Let me in"said the pin.This is an example of: A ....
- Language - Read the poem and answer the questions that follow 1.There once was a...
- English - The phrase, "The rogues ran rapidly around,” is a good example of 1....
- english - my teacher want me to find an example of assonance in the leda and the...
- english - Is arranging and changing places an example of assonance?
- LanguageArts - Please help asap REPETITION- occurs when a line or a sequence of...
- 5th grade Language - Please help him if you can. REPETITION- occurs when a line...