Posted by Carma on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 4:24pm.
Correlation and Least Square Regression
A long term study of changing environmental conditions in Chesapeake Bay found the following
annual average salinity readings in one location in the bay:
Year Salinity (%)
a) Make a plot of salinity against time. Was salinity generally increasing or decreasing
over these years? Is there an overall straight line tend over time?
b) What is the correlation between salinity and year/ What percentage of the observed
variation in salinity is accounted for by straight line change over time?
c) Find the least squares regression line for predicting salinity from year. Explain in simple
language what the slope of this line tells your about Chesapeake Bay.
d) If the rend in these past data had continued, what would be the average salinity at this point in the bay in 1988?
- Statistics:Correlation and Least Square Regression - Anonymous, Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 10:54am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calcus, Math - class of 18 students. (7, 13), (9, 7), (14, 14), (15, 15), (10, ...
- Math - Hello! Can you check my answers for these questions? Thank you in advance...
- Math - Hello! Can you check my answers for these 4 worksheet questions? Thank ...
- Math \ Algebra - Hello! Can you check my answers for these questions? Thank you ...
- statistics - Pre study scores versus post-study scores for a class of 120 ...
- statistics - Pre- study scores versus post- study scores for a class of 120 ...
- Social studies - The question I have is about chesapeake bay and massy bisects ...
- college statistics - if the correlation co-efficient is o.32 what is the sign of...
- statistics - If the correlation coefficient is -0.54, what is the sign of the ...
- STATISTICS - A) If a regression experiment has correlation coefficient r= 0.75, ...