Posted by Carma on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 4:23pm.
A study examined how long aircraft air conditioning units operated after being repaired. Here
are the operating times (in hours) for one unit:
a) Make a histogram of these data, using 40 hour wide classes, starting with 0<time < 40, 40
< time < 80,…..
b) Describe the overall shape of the distribution. Is it roughly symmetric, skewed to the right
, or skewed to the left? Are there any outliers?
c) Is the five number summary of the mean and standard deviation a better brief summary for this distribution? Explain your choice. Calculate the one of these summaries that you
Statistics: Data Analysis - DrBob222, Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 4:46pm
I have given a site where you can find most of the information regarding general statements about confidence intervals. For the T test, Z test, etc. please show your calculations and someone will check them for you. By the way, this forum (and others like it on the Internet) simply cannot draw graphs, histograms, and the like. You can, however, find graphs and histograms that may be similar to your problem and compare your work to that which you find on the Internet.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Data Gathering and Inference - When the production manager finds the average ...
- motion analysis - 5. (a) Using the information below estimate the time required ...
- motion analysis - 5. (a) Using the information below estimate the time required...
- statistics - Job Sat. INTR. EXTR. Benefits 5.2 5.5 6.8 1.4 5.1 5.5 5.5 5.4 5.8 5...
- STATISTICS - A teacher wants to investigate whether there is a difference ...
- Systems Analysis - This is the question that was asked: The components of a ...
- Marketing - what is an example of a primary data source? A. Cost data B. A ...
- Statistics - . The following data give the 2010 gross domestic product (in ...
- BIS 155 Data Analysis w/Spreadsheet - How would I begin to compile data into ...
- motion analysis - Using the information below estimate the time required to ...