Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 2:46pm.
I asked this question a couple of days ago, and wanted to post what my text states.Several agreed (B) was the best
answer to the question.
After sharing a book with a group of children, the teacher should always:
A. determine if discussion is necessary.
B. ask questions to assess listening
C. sit quietly to allow for thought.
D. read another book on a related topic.
My text states:
"You may want to ask a few open-ended
discussion questions at the end of the book. Some books end on such a satisfying or thoughtful note that discussion clearly is not appropriate.
Other times there may be a barrage of child comments and lively discussion.
Responding to literature involves the raising of questions. Discussion after a book reading, if the teacher deems it appropriate,can focus on student responses and questions. The teacher's
focus in asking questions in an after book discussion,is not to check children's knowledge,but rather to
learn from the child."
(I am confused with this question),
please give me some input and advice.
I surely would appreciate it.
Can you help me to understand why (A)
would not be a better answer?
- RepostedLiterature question - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 2:53pm
Thanks again for telling us what your text says. Although many preschool teachers always encourage discussion after a book is read to the children, your text makes a good point that this is not a universal "rule." In light of your text information, A is clearly the best answer. :-)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Choose the group from the given list: a) 1A b) 2A c) 3A d) 4A e) 5A ...
- Preschool Question--Pleae Help! - I asked this question a few days ago- and ...
- Children's Literature - Can you help my roommates and I to determine the best ...
- Literaure Question-Desperate For Help! - It is not wise to rely on the ________ ...
- Math - I posted these 2 questions a couple of days ago and although the help I ...
- English - I asked this question a couple of days days ago and noone was really ...
- Children's Lit. - I asked this question today, and made a mistake in my question...
- urgent - hey you guys I post a question like five hours ago and I would like to ...
- about jiskha/ math - I had a dumb question awhile ago I had submitted a question...
- math - ben has finished homewok during holiday.he does 2/3 of remaining question...