Posted by amanda on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 12:58am.
Create a political pamphlet from a colonists point of view protesting an act of parliament or commenting on a political action.For example the stamp act,navigation act,townshend act, or the intolerable act.
This pamphlet is going to be distributed to the colonies and its purpose is to try and get support to go to war agaisnt britain.
any ideas on what to do?
US. History - Kristen, Monday, September 10, 2007 at 1:00am
US. History - Writeacher, Monday, September 10, 2007 at 7:30am
You could also explore stamp acts, enacted at various times.
Be sure to scroll down and read about the stamp act Britain enacted on the American colonies in 1765.
US. History - DrIG, Monday, September 10, 2007 at 10:38am
Do not forget to emphasize the other part of the question which is asking you to galvanize public opinion against the British Crown and for the colonies to revolt.
You might to read about Thomas Paine and his pamphlet "Common Sense" that was used for the above purpose.
US. History - Greg, Monday, September 10, 2007 at 12:13pm
These new taxes were an atempt for the British to remain in control of the New World. British leaders were scared of the eminant revolt and wanted to keep bussiness in the New world in check.
If colonist refused the taxes the British could refuse the goods. The colonists did not have anyone else to trade with on the large scale.
Hard times ahead but independence is worth it!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History @Reed - Which statement correctly summarizes the colonists' reaction and...
- history - what event convinced south Carolina to spend representatives to the ...
- american history - 1. Which of the following was not part of Britain's new ...
- English - I checked the site, it's really good. Did I get this right? TR=...
- Social studies - Which act was the intolerable act most like was it the stamp ...
- social studies - information ob taxation without representation on sugar act, ...
- us history - Which two acts did not include a new tax? 1.the Sugar Act and the ...
- business - what is a recent canadian safety regulation act that got violated ie...
- U.S. History - please check these: 1. The French and Indian War led to: a. a ...
- history - 8. The political purpose of the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 was to A. ...