Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, September 9, 2007 at 9:04am.
Can you help my roommates and I to determine the best answer for this question?
After sharing a book with a group of
children,the teacher should always:
A. determine if discussion is necessary.
B. ask questions to assess listening
C. sit quietly to allow for thought.
D. read another book on a related topic.
I say example (A)is the best answer,however;my roommate says
example (C)is the best answer.
- Children's Literature - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 9, 2007 at 9:42am
My choice is B. When a story is read to children, they are passive and the teacher can't know what they are thinking and learning. Asking questions involves the children so they become active learners. The questions and the answers also review the story and emphasizes the key points. Of course, these questions and answers help the teacher assess listening comprehension.
For A, I think any book worth reading is worth discussing. For C, sitting quietly for more than a few seconds is not appropriate for young children. Presumably they've been thinking as they hear the story.
- Children's Literature - Writeacher, Sunday, September 9, 2007 at 9:51am
I agree with Ms. Sue. "B" is the best answer when you're dealing with young children, pre-K or K especially.
- Children's Literature - bobpursley, Sunday, September 9, 2007 at 9:56am
Of course, B. I cant think of a time in chemistry when I shared textual information that I did not follow up with comprehension questions.
- Children's Literature - SraJMcGin, Sunday, September 9, 2007 at 10:18am
Absolutely B. How else will you assess comprehension.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- RepostedLiterature question - I asked this question a couple of days ago, and ...
- literature for kids - Which is NOT a benefit of sharing books to young children...
- teachers aide early chidhood education and after s - 1.you should serve meals ...
- English II - Okay, I was just wanting to know what would be some key things to ...
- Introducing Literature - The term bibliotheraphy means a. using books to give ...
- Early Child Ed. - Are my answers to these questions correct? 1.Children with ...
- Literature - Would example 4 be the best answer for this question? When children...
- Health of young children - A teacher is in a prime position to observe children ...
- math - To maximise profit, the company should sell as many children’s tickets as...
- EA course - Can someone help me with this question please?? 10. When setting ...