Posted by manny on Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 2:31pm.
Suppose a code consist of two letters followed by a digit. Find the number of
(b) Codes with distinct letters
(c) Codes with the same letters
- math - mathstudent, Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 4:51pm
Assuming there are 26 letters (no distinction among case) and 10 digits:
A) 26 * 26 * 10 = 6760
B) 26 * 25 * 10 = 6500
C) 26 * 1 * 10 = 260
- math - Anonymous, Sunday, September 9, 2007 at 2:48am
The way of labeling a code with two letters followed by a digit
Assigning one of the 26 letters: A, B, C, D…., F
Assigning one of the 10 digits: 0, 1, 2…, 9
There are two letters so 26
By product rule there are 26×26×10 = 6760 codes
b) Codes with distinct letters
The way the distinct letters are label
25 character of first letters and 25 characters for the second letter so
There are 26×25×10=6500 codes
c) Codes with same letters
The way the same letters are label
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Suppose a code consist of two letters followed by a digit. Find the ...
- probability - you are to set up a code of consisting of three letters (A to Z) ...
- math please hurry - A secret code must consist of three capital letters followed...
- gemetry - An identification code is to consist of two letters followed by six ...
- Math - An identification code is to consist of six letters followed by three ...
- Discrete Math - Each Student at a certain university is given a 6-digit code (...
- Math110 - how many 6 - slots codes can be made up using 2 letters followed by 2 ...
- math30 - A security code used to consist of two odd digits, followed by four ...
- Math - 1.) A security code has seven characters. Each code begins with two ...
- math - please i need help with this...were studying probability...possible ...