Posted by ~christina~ on Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 2:03pm.
How would I go and express these numbers with 3 significant figures in normal notation?
for d and e aren't they already with 3 significant figures and also in normal notation?
for a, b, and c I can't figure out what to do since It isn't explained how to get 3 significant figures in normal notation though I usually use scientific notation when questions like this come up.
Significant figures - DrBob222, Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 3:21pm
Count three places. Round to the third. I use round to the even number for a number ending in 5.
d and e are ok as is.
Significant figures - ~christina~, Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 3:47pm
Thanks Dr.Bob =)
Significant figures - laksjia, Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 4:49pm
In measurement should contain only the numbers that are significant true or false?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - use exponential notation to express the number 480 in 3 significant ...
- Math - 1. Is it more appropriate to use scientific notation for approximates or ...
- Significant Figures - I'm having a hard time with significant figures. Any help ...
- significant figures - 82.453 in 3 significant figures with scientific notation...
- math - write 480 in a) 1 significant figure b) 2 significant figures c) 3 ...
- Chemistry - I have a Chemistry question which should be very simple but I do not...
- Chemistry - Hi guys! I just learned about significant figures today, and I have ...
- physics - round of the following digits- 3.65*105(upto are place of decimal) 0....
- Science (Chemistry!) - I just do not understand ANYTHING about multiplying/...
- physics - when i calculate the density from my measurement,mass=154.4, volume=...