Posted by Sonic on Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 10:00am.
Which is the best unit for measuring each mass? mg = milligrams g = grams kg = kilograms
a. Amount of spices in a batch of cookies: mg g kg
b. Your mass: mg g kg
c. Mass of 10 pennies: mg g kg
- Science - SraJMcGin, Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 10:47am
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Here is what scientists say:
- Science - PsyDAG, Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 11:45am
A kg is about 2.2 pounds. Here are the other relations.
The metric system has prefix modifiers that are powers of 10.
A kilogram is 1000 grams
A hectogram is 100 grams
A decagram is 10 grams
A gram is the basic unit of mass
A decigram is 1/10 gram
A centigram is 1/100 gram
A milligram is 1/1000 gram
I hope this helps you come to your own answers. Thanks for asking.
- Science - ada wong, Sunday, February 22, 2015 at 3:00pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math (check answers) - please check these answers and thanks 1.C 2.B 3.B 4.A 5.C...
- algebra - two bakeries produce three types of cookies, chocolate chip, sugar, ...
- college math - two bakeries produce three types of cookies, chocolate chip, ...
- science - Which would be most appropriate to measure the mass of my pet panda ...
- Math - What is the metric unit of a car key? A) kilograms B) grams C) milligrams...
- Math - Indicate whether the mass of the following objects could best be measured...
- science - A rectangular container measuring 28 cm 43 cm 58 cm is filled with ...
- Math - 2. Which would you measure in kilograms? A. the mass of a butterfly B. ...
- math - heather's puppy has a mass of 1000 grams. what is the mass of heathers ...
- physical science - A rectangular container measuring 16cm times 46cm times 67 ...