Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 9:42pm.
For my English class, I received a British culture research project and the objective is to learn about the British culture from 449-1950. The instructions say choose a topic from one of the 14 general topics listed below. Research your topic. Develop a thesis. You must do one of the following: 1) analyze or 2) compare & contrast. Present the findings from your research in a 3-to-5 minute auditory presentation with visual effects.
I am having trouble finding any information on the following topics from 449-1950:
1. Governmental structure
6. Maps, territories, topographies
7. Family structure
12. Educational system
I do not know what topic I am doing yet and I was wondering if anybody could find a website about any of these topics for British culture from 449-1950.
- English: British Culture Project - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 9:59pm
I suggest you start by reading about British history in an encyclopedia -- perhaps in these web sites.
Those articles will give you an overview of governmental structure, religion, and wars.
If you want to research another topic, go to Google and search for Britain food history or Britain education history -- or whatever you'd like to research.
- English: British Culture Project - Writeacher, Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 10:00pm
This site will give you general information, including spans of time of different identifiable periods, e.g., Anglo-Saxon England, Middle Ages, etc. There's also a timeline here.
Be sure to use the links in this article and/or search here and/or in Google for various topics to see which ones interest you most. Also be sure to check on the sections at the end of this webpage: See Also, Further Reading, External Links.
For further searches you can use key words such as these to get started:
demographics anglo-saxon england
myths legends anglo-saxon england
arts england 1914-1918
Please re-post if you have more questions and if you decide what you want to focus on but have trouble finding information.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Q&A Check Please, geo 7th grade - Toronto reflects more of the British culture ...
- Social studies - What did British colonists hope to accomplish by taking ...
- english - In the website I was able to learn about the English language very ...
- Cultural Anthropology - I'm having trouble coming up with a topic that'll expand...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - How does the culture of the Caribbean differ from the ...
- World History - 4. What was a consequence of British imperial rule in India? a...
- English - The epic "Paradise Lost" suggests that the culture that produced it is...
- U.S. History - What was one factor that caused the British to surrender at ...
- INS 205 - Imagine that you immigrated to a foreign county with a culture vastly ...
- british idioms - hello, i have a list of british idioms but if someone knows ...