Posted by :kkk: on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 6:01am.
Predict the effect (Increase, Decrease, No effect, Indeterminate)and explain why
In the determination of water hardness, the water sample contained appreciable amount of ferric ions
Paameter: ppm CaCO3
Instead of MgCl2*H2O, CaCl2*xH2O was added to the EDTA titrant(determination of water hardness)
Parameter: ppm MgCO3 of the analyte solution
Absence of MgCl2 in EDTA solution that was standardized (determination of water hardness)
Parameter: Volume of EDTA to reach endpoint
The starch solution was added at the start of the titration (quantitative determination of copper concentration in aqueous solution by iodometric titration)
Parameter: calculated ppm Cu
Analytical Chemistry - Dr Russ, Friday, August 31, 2007 at 7:27am
Can I suggest that you post your thinking and we will comment on your answers.
Analytical Chemistry - :kkk:, Friday, August 31, 2007 at 9:24am
Here are my thoughts:
1. Increase, because ferric ions will cause the endpoint to become violet instead of a clear blue. Hence, greater amount of EDTA will be used thus increasing the calculated ppm CaCO3
2. I have no idea...
3. Decrease, because in the absence of MgCl2 in the solution, the endpoint comes too early. Hence, less of the EDTA titrant would be added.
4. Increase, since less of the I3- will be formed and less of the Na2S2O4 titrant would be needed. less Na2S2O4 used = higher Na2S2O4 concentration = higher Cu concentration = higher ppm Cu
Analytical Chemistry - prateek jain, Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 10:52pm
please help me in solving the mathematical problems of hardness of water
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- analytical chemistry - Predict the effect (Increase, Decrease, No effect, ...
- chemistry - Predict the effect (Increase, Decrease, No effect, Indeterminate)and...
- analytical chemistry - In an experiment for determining water hardness, 75.00 ml...
- Chemistry - Hardness is defined as calcium and magnesium ion content. Since most...
- CHEM AB HELP ASAP - I have a pre lab questions that are due in a few hours and I...
- chemistry - A 100.0 mL sample of hard water is titrated with the EDTA solution ...
- chemistry - one litre of a sample hard water contain 4.44mg cacl2 and 1.9mg of ...
- Chemistry - An ion exchange process may be used to remove ions causing hardness ...
- Chemistry - Would there be any effect on the amount of precipitate of CaCO3 if ...
- chemistry- can you check my answers? - can you please check my answers?? 9. For ...