Posted by Michael on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 7:32pm.
I Don't understand any of this and its due tommorow and i don't get it, can you please help me.
1. 2/3 of a number m
2. The fifth power of 3 times a number y
3. The quotient of twice a nimber t and 12
4. Twice the difference of 8 and a number b.
- Algebra, help please!!! - bridget, Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 7:36pm
so..so u have to write out the symbols for them or actually attempt to solve them?
- Algebra, help please!!! - Michael, Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 7:45pm
It says translate the verbal phrase into an expression.
1. 2/3 x m
2. 3to the 5th power x y
Did i do them right?
- Algebra, help please!!! - DrBob222, Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 7:55pm
1. correct or you could write (2/3)m or (2/3)*m
2. correct or you could write 35*y or 35y.
3. quotient means divide. You have added. It also says twice the number t; therefore, I would write 2t/12; then I would reducd it to t/6.
4. I think it would be better to write (8-b)*2. The way you have it written the 8 is not multiplied by 2. That is why I added parentheses.
Check my thinking.
- Algebra, help please!!! - bridget, Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 7:55pm
number 3 looks like it should be t x 2/12 (t times 2 divided by 12)...i think so
- Algebra, help please!!! - Michael, Tuesday, August 28, 2007 at 8:04pm
Thanks for the help =D
- Algebra, help please!!! - patty, Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 5:18pm
3rd to the fifth power
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Please help I have tried this question so many times: I cannot type ...
- Algebra - Find 3 consecutive odd numbers such that the sum of 5 times the ...
- algebra - simplify and write with only positive exponents 1. x to yhe negitive ...
- Math - Exponential Notion - Can someone explain this to me please, I cannot help...
- math - the sum of a number and 3 times that number is 76. what is that number? ...
- algebra - Please check A number p divided by 7 p/7 9 times a number a 9xa 6 ...
- Algebra =/ - One Number Added To Three Times Another Number Is 24. Five Times ...
- math - Please check 6 more than a number n 6(n)+9 A number m multiplied by 7 7xm...
- math due tommorow - 2 factor 2x +x-6 and 2 factor (2y -6u-5+10y please i need ...
- Algebra - Don't understand quadratic word problems at all. Please help, with ...