Posted by ann on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 1:43pm.
5.punctuating sentences- Wiithout a doubt, cramming for the test.
Answer - Without a doubt cramming for a test is stressful, when it is done at the last minute.
6. Same - He took the curvr too sharply, it caused and accident.
Answer: He took the curve too sharply, and it caused an accident.
17. Inclusive Language-Talking about people with disabilities and Disease.
Answer: The visually impaired people were downtown for a national conference.
19. Inclusive language-quoting from biased material - The mayors and their wives were invited on a tour of the state buildings.
answer: The mayors[sic] and their wives were invited on a tour of the state buildings.
20. same as above - Back in the 1400s, the laws governing the people were quite specific: "All men shall tithe 10% to the church and pay taxes every six months. All men can attend school unitl they are 16 years of age."
Answer: Back in the 1400's, the laws governing the people [sic] were quite specific, all men shall tithe 10% to the church and pay taxes every six months. All men can attend school unit they are 16 year of age.
- re- check - GuruBlue, Friday, August 24, 2007 at 4:45pm
#5 is good. However, I would leave the clause beginning with "when" off.
#6 instead of the "comma and", I would put a semi-colon after "sharply".
# 17 I would put the sentence this way.
The people downtown were attending a conference for the visually impaired.
#19... you are implying that there are no female mayors. What about "the mayors and their partners"
#20 .... I would keep the quotations marks around the quote. Still use the comma after "specific"
- re- check - marie, Friday, August 24, 2007 at 9:09pm
on #19 it is asking for Inclusive Language-Quoting from Biased Material. The sentence is: The mayors and their wives were invited on a tour of the state building.
Answer: The mayors and their wives[sic] were invited on a tour of the state buildings.
#8 Punctuation- colon - Studing is exciting: find something about the subject that interests you, and resolve to become an expert.
Answer: No change
- nhkx uqmk - nhkx uqmk, Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 7:11pm
ipeyvgt pudj ynkqerbpc jrzehpx plfwidj yplckaf istmbpg
- sulb qlpd - sulb qlpd, Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 2:43pm
gqjeb kztbqi rmztlwbo zgio rjbd qrnes dcmt
Answer this Question
- english - Im completly lost in this one. Im suppose Answer the following: ...
- English - Rewrite the sentence using the correct punctuation sentence: Without a...
- re- check - 5.punctuating sentences- Wiithout a doubt, cramming for the test. ...
- Punctuating Sentences - Without a doubt, cramming for the test. This is not a ...
- English - I need to make this into two paragraphs and make it a little longer. I...
- Grammer - Dangling Modifiers If your baby does not like cold apple juice, it ...
- psychology - Mike waits until the night before his big exam to start studying. ...
- grammar - Dangling Modifiers If your baby does not like cold apple juice, it ...
- Grammar - Rewrite the following sentences, focusing on the grammar area ...
- grammar - Grammar Exercise 3 To Be Distributed to Students in Week Five Rewrite ...