Posted by Tiffany on Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 6:46pm.
I need help with solving this equation
and the steps on how to do it?
- Math - ~christina~, Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 7:03pm
well for this question the whole goal is to get all the x's on one side and all the numbers on the other side.
1st combine all like terms on the same sides
-11x-28 = 17x-14
then go and bring the x's over to one side and the numbers over to the other side(subtract or add)
then divide to get x
so what do you get?
- Math - DrBob222, Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 7:09pm
Add like terms. For example, on the left
5X + 22X - 38X = -11X
on the right -17 -9 + 12 = -14
-11X-9-19 = 17X-14
Combine the -9 and -19
Now add 28 to both sides
-11X-28+28 = 17X-14+28
Subtract 17X from both sides
Multiply both sides by -1
28X = -14
Divide both sides by 28
X = -1/2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - 17x – 42 = -39 i need to show the steps for solving this equation
- math - solving equation 20x-7=2+17x
- Algebra 1 - 22x+70=17x-95
- Ciollege algebra - Suppose that X liters of 38% acid solution are mixed with y ...
- pre-Algebra - 17x-22x=1/2
- math - determine between which consecutive integers the real zeros of each ...
- calculus - find the derivative of y y= 2 (22x+31)^(3/2)+ arctan((22x+21)^(1/2))+...
- Math help Steve? - 1) Given that p(-3), p(-1), and p(5)=0, which expression ...
- Math - solve the equation 20x^3 +44x^2 -17x -5 given that -5/2 is a zero of f(x...
- Algebra, help - So, I've written down 22x+70=17x-95 and I think you would add ...