Posted by Soly on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 12:11am.
I need help with the following problem:
Solve the equation:
(x/2x+2)= (-2x/4x+4) + (2x-3/x+1)
Algebra - PsyDAG, Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 12:28pm
I am not sure whether I am interpreting your question correctly.
.5x + 2 = -.5x + 4 + 2x - 3/x + 1
First, get all the x terms on one side.
.5x + .5x - 2x + 3/x = 4 + 1 - 2
-x + 3/x = 3
Multiply both sides by x to get rid of x in the denominator.
-x^2 + 3 = 3x
-x^2 - 3x + 3 = 0
Multiply by -1.
x^2 + 3x - 3 = 0
Unfortunately, I cannot factor this to find possible answers. Are there any typos in your equation?
I hope this helps a little. Thanks for asking.
Algebra - Alesha, Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 5:30pm
Algebra - Alesha, Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 5:32pm
lol sorry i was suppose to give you the answer..i have never done this before...
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - solve by substitution 5x-2y = -5 y - 5x = 3 could someone take a min a...
- math,algebra II - I need someone to explain to me step by step the process of ...
- Math - Solve the following equation u+2=4 The question for me is how do I solve ...
- Algebra--Really need help! - Here is the problem that I need to solve: y = ab - ...
- Algebra I - So- im trying to help my little brother out with his Algebra- but ...
- Need all the help i can get - Hi i'm pretty new to this and i don't know what to...
- Algebra 1--Please, help me! - Solve the following equation by graphing the ...
- Algebra - I need help on this following problem: The length of a rectangle ...
- Algebra - I need help solving an equation Solve the following equation for a. ...
- Algebra - Please help! I need to factorise and solve this equation, x^2 +x -30 =...