Posted by Marissa on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 5:09pm.
1)Write an equation for the parabola with focus (1,3)and vertex(0,3)
answer= x= 1/4(y-3)^2
2)Write an equation for a circle if the endpoints of a diameter are at (1,1)and(1,-9)
3)Which is the equation of a circle with center (0,1)and radius 2 units?
1) correct for the vertex but I don't know about the focus
2) wrong ( I again plugged your equation into my calculator and I didn't get the diameter as what was given)
what do you mean?
for number 2
is it A?
Checking again..2 is fine
I was looking on the wrong side of the circle for the diameter points.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - 1)What is the distance between the museum and sailing club.I cant post...
- algebra - A few more question Id like for someone to check please. 1) what are ...
- algebra - 1)Write an equation for an ellipse if the endpoints of the major axis ...
- geomtry - A diameter of a circle has endpoints P(-10,2) and Q(4,6) a. find the ...
- GEOMETRY - The diameter of a circle has endpoints P(–10, –2) and Q(4, 6). a.Find...
- geometry - This one is confusing me. please help The diameter of a circle has ...
- Calculus - Points (–1, 6) and (–3, 2) are endpoints of the diameter of a circle...
- Algebra II - In this set of eight problems, we have to match each equation with ...
- NEED MAJOR HELP! *QUADRATIC EQUATIONS* - Write the equation for the circle with ...
- Algebra - Can someone tell me if I am right? I need to find the equation of a ...