Posted by Jason on Monday, August 20, 2007 at 6:47pm.
My name is Jason... today I have 2 problems for you both having to deal with Algebra.
My questions are :::
Question 1 ::
Direction: Find the degree of the polynomial.
Problem: - 1 + 8 x ^ 4 - x ^ 2
(negative 1 plus 8x squared minus x squared)
Question 2 ::
Classify 1 6 + 5 e ^ 3 and state its degree.
(16 plus 5e cubed)
Thank You for spending some of your time to help.
problem 1) degree is 4
since the highest value that x is raised to is 4
degree is 3 since e is raised to the 3rd degree
HI! thanks for replying, although... can you explain something? how do you tell if something is a binomial, trinomial, monomial, or a polynomial?
A polynomial with one term is called a monomial, two terms a binomial, and three terms a trinomial
polynomial = describes something built from monomials. A sum of 1 or more monomial terms.
trinomial= 3x + 5y + 8n
Remember, the trinomial and binomial
are made up of monomials. Specifically the trinomial has 3 monomials and the binomial has 2 monomials.
Hope it helps =)
THANK YOU SO MUCH! ^^
Your Welcome =D
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - Hello! I need help with these four math problems. Thanks so much...
- algebra - Identify the degree of each term of each polynomial. Then find the ...
- College Algebra - I'm supposed to find a polynomial with specified Zeros. This ...
- Algebra - I already posted this question and Reiny answered it, I just wanted to...
- Algebra 2! - 1.) ƒ(x) = (x^4)/4 − 3x^3 + (23x^2)/2 - 15x. Find the x ...
- calculus--please help!! - I have two questions that I don't understand and need ...
- Algebra - Do I have this right? A first degree polynomial crosses the x axis A ...
- algebra - Form a polynomial f(x) with real coefficents having the given degree ...
- college algebra - form a polynomial f(x) with real coefficients having the given...
- trig - 1st-the reason i keep change my name because some of my friends are using...