Posted by Marissa on Monday, August 20, 2007 at 11:51am.
1)What is the 4x^2=y^2+8y+32
answer= either hyperbola or parabola
2)The graph of which equation is a circle?
3)Solve the system of equations by graphing x^2+y^2=16 and y= -x+4
4)Find the exact solutions of each system of equations x^2+y^2=25 and 9y=4x^2
5)Find the exact solutions of each system of equations y=x^2+1 and y=2x
#1 is a hyperbola.
The ?x^2 - ?y^2 .... is the clue.
#2 your answer of
5x^2+10x+5y=9 is a parabola
solutions are (4.0) and (0,4)
x^2 + (-x+4)^2 = 16
I got (3,4) and (-3,-4), they work in both equations, yours dont.
I multiplied the circle equation by 4 to get
4x^2 + 4y^2 = 100, then replaced 4x^2=9 into that, etc
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - Can someone check my answers. Write the following equations in ...
- algebra - 1)Identify the y-intercept and the axis of symemetry for the graph of ...
- algebra - 1)What is the distance between the museum and sailing club.I cant post...
- algebra - Coulld someone take the time and check my answers please. 11) without ...
- Algebra 2 - Find the distance between the points (12, 8) and (4, 2). 100 units ...
- Parabola/Hyperbola - Not really for homework help, but just for curiousity. Is ...
- Algebra - This will be a multiple post thing so please bear with me. If my ...
- algebra - i need help with these problems (either a solution or how to plug them...
- math - 1. Solve for the indicated letter D=4e, for e The solution is e= 2. G(x...
- MATH!+ check please~ thanks in advance! - the equation 2x^2+ cy^2+Dx+Ey+f= 0 ...