Posted by student on Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 4:04pm.
Thank you if anyone could help me with the previous posts.
If you are taking a course in mass media, surely you have a textbook or have been referred to particular websites or reference databases via your school's library.
If the above is not true, it looks as if what you need to do is learn how to conduct thorough and effective searches for yourself. That's what research
is. Please also keep in mind that you are searching for information that is so specific that you have to be prepared for the possibility that none of it may be online. Or some may be, and some may not. In addition to searching on the Internet, you also need to make best friends with the reference librarian(s) in your local or college library.
At this webpage, you can go immediately to the search sites (first three columns across the top) -- or even better
you can scroll down until you see the section called HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET
. Those are the links to start with. You'll not only learn how to come up with good search terms, but also how to evaluate the webpages you get as results. Some will be good and others will be garbage. You need to know how to tell the difference.
My favorite way to search is to go to Google's advanced search page http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
and put my search words or phrases into the first or second search box (either "all the words" or "exact phrase"). However, there many other strategies for searching you can use, and the HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET
section will help you best.
Learning to use Google or other search engines can save you time and help you learn to find information efficiently. Here are some websites that can teach you how:
... and one to help you judge whether a particular website's information is worth your time:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- business - Could you please help me re write the sentences below. Media ...
- Media - Could you please help me re word my paragrah? It needs to be at least ...
- HUM - I did not understand this part of my class so here is the question What ...
- Business - Could you please help me re word my paragrah? It needs to be at least...
- HUM - Could you please help me re word my paragrah? It needs to be at least 100 ...
- Human Media - Many businesses now have a Twitter account, MySpace account, or ...
- Mass Communication Studies - SEXUAL CONTENT IN ADVERTISING AND MASS MEDIA ...
- Media Literacy-Check Answers- - What is an example of bias in media? a.) a ...
- Human Media - Social media appears to add different benefits and values. What ...
- Mass Media - What effect do you think the mass media of books has on Businesses?