posted by anonymous on .
Please check my answers for the following questions. THANK YOU.
1) The empirical formula of a compound that is 25.9% nitrogen and 74.1% oxygen is....
2) empirical formula of a compound that consists of 4.80 grams of carbon, 1.20 grams of hydrogen, and 2.80 grams of nitrogen is...
3)empirical formula of a substance composed of 3.05% carbon, 0.26% hydrogen, and 96.69% iodine is...
4) Symclosene has an empirical formula of CClNO and a molecular mass of 232.42 u. What is the molecular formula of symclosene?
5) Empirical formula of a compound is C2H3O. The gram formula mass of the compound is 172g. What is the molecular formula?
6) The molecular formula of a given compound is C4H10. The empirical formula of the same compound would be:
#2 through #6 are correct. #1 is not. Didn't you mean N2O5?
Please check my from the question i asked . (1) C=40.0g x
H= 6.7g x
1mole = 16.0g
C = 3.33/3.33
H = 6.7/3.33
= 2. 01
O = 3.33/3.33
So, the empirical formular is CH2O