Posted by JaredN on Monday, July 30, 2007 at 3:23am.
Class 5G is having a pizza party. Mrs Baker asked all the children to bring in 50c for their share of the pizza.The next day all the girls came with their 50c but Mrs Baker noticed that every girl had brought their 50c using different coins.
Whatis the most number of girls that there could be in the class?
Figure out the number of different coin combinations that will add up to 50 cents. You will just have to make a list and count them. For example
1 50 cent piece
45 pennies and 1 nickel
40 pennies and 1 dime
40 pennies and 2 nickels
30 pennies and 2 dimes
30 pennies, 1 dime and 2 nickels
30 pennies and 4 nickels
25 pennies and 1 quarter
25 pennies and 5 nickels
25 pennies, 3 nickels and 1 dime
20 pennies and three dimes
20 pennies, two dimes and two nickels
There is no simple formula to plug into and solve.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- P6 maths - Mrs Wong baked some pizzas for her students. The boy received twice ...
- Math - Mrs. Johnson’s class is having a pizza party. If there are 14 students ...
- math - Mrs, jones is having a pizza party for 19 students. each pizza will be ...
- Math Please help!! - 2. Mrs. Whimsey’s class is having a pizza party. If there ...
- Economics - Here is Mrs. Baker's revenue and expenses for 2014: Revenue from ...
- layla - Mrs. Baker has to choose 2 students to lead the class field trip. If she...
- math - Mrs Carter class is having a pizza party and have 15 kids and need to ...
- Math - Half of a pizza was split evenly among 5 adults, two of whom split their ...
- math - Mrs walkers ordered 10 pizza's for a party . Each pizza is cut into 8 ...
- math - Three groups of students are sharing leftover pizza (all the same size ...