Posted by Ed on Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 8:50pm.
1)The Midnight hour, a local
nightclub, earned $100,000 in
accounting profit last year. This
year the owner, who had invested $ 1
million in the club, decided to
close the club. What can you say
about economic profit (and the rate
of return)in the nightclub business?
Economic Profit = TR(total revenue)-
TC(total economic cost)
EP = $100,000 - $1,000,000
EP = -$900,000
Since EP is a negative number the
firm should shut down, the output is
not positive, therefore the company
operates at a loss, the manager
needs to determine how long they
want to continue with this loss
Does this sound like the correct
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- managerial economics - The MidNight Hour, LOCl nightclub, earned $100,000 in ...
- Managerial Economics - The Midnight hour a local nightclub earned $100,000 in ...
- economics - The MidNight Hour, a local nightclub, earned $100,000 in accounting ...
- Managerial econ 1 - 1)The Midnight hour, a local nightclub, earned $100,000 in ...
- economics - The Midnight Hours, a local nightclub earned 100,000 in accounting ...
- Economics - During a year of operation, a firm collects $450,000 in revenue and ...
- economics - I tried answering b, but stuck with a. Can someone please take a ...
- Economics - Hi, Could you please help me with the following question? Bob and ...
- MIcroeconomics - Hi. THis is due Tuesday. I am working on it but can use some ...
- Economics - Suppose that a tour bus business incurred implicit costs of $600,000...