Posted by student on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 3:13pm.
Can someone explain to me step by step how the book got to this answer i want to understand the steps....thanks
Find the inverse, if it exists,for the matirx (*I used the underscore to separate the numbers within the matix)
the answer is:
The answer you supplied is really not the Inverse matrix since when you multiply the two you get
6 0 0
0 6 0
0 0 6 so each of the numbers in your answer should be divided by 6
There are several ways to find the inverse depending on your level of math knowledge.
Here is a rather straightforward way
│-2_1_3│ │a b c│ │1 0 0 │
│3_-1_2│ │d e f│=│0 1 0 │
│-4_2_0│ │g h i│ │0 0 1 │
from this we get
-2a + d + 3g = 1
3a - d + 2g = 0
-4a + 2d = 0
-2b + e + 3h = 0
3b - e + 2h = 1
-4b + 2e = 0
-2c + f + 3i = 0
3c - f + 2i = 0
-4c + 2f = 1
this gives you 3 systems of 3 equations in 3 variables to solve which do not appear to be that difficult.
Let me know what you got.
(Also check my math, I did not check it)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math help - Can someone explain to me the following step by step , i 've looked ...
- Algebra help - f(x)=x^3-4x^2-x+4 How do I find the x-intercept for this? This is...
- math ergent please please... - 10.a)Solve the inequality x^3-5x^2+2x+8<0 by i...
- Algebra II (Matrices) - My book doesn't solve it like a linear equation, they ...
- ALGEBRA HELP - When solving the equation, what property was used to go from step...
- Algebra 1--Step-by-Step - Can someone show me how to solve these step-by-step? ...
- Calculus - 1/a+1 + 1/a-1 I solved this out by multiplying the (a+1) by (a-1) and...
- Latin - Can someone help me to understand the step by step process of the five ...
- Algebra - Let p(x)=2x^3-113 and let q be the inverse of p. Find q(137). Please ...
- Math - How do you work this problem step by step? p-12 when p= 22 We don't know ...