Posted by kay on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 at 3:58pm.
Tickets for a play at the community theater cost $4 for an adult and $2 for a child. If 250 tickets were sold and the total receipts were $740, how many of each type of ticket were sold?
Let x = number of tickets (adult)
Let (250 - x) = number of tickets (child)
Setting up the equation:
4x + 2(250 - x) = 740
Solve for x. Don't forget to include both types of tickets!
algebra - John, Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 11:41pm
4x=740-500 cancellation, divide
4x=240 divide 240 by 4
x=60 ans. then substitute x value to neither equation and solve for y.
algebra - Anonymous, Sunday, October 19, 2014 at 10:01pm
algebra - christine, Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 11:31am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math/ASU - A movie theater sold a total of 520 adult and child tickets on a ...
- Math - A movie theater sold a total of 390 adult and child tickets on a certain ...
- Math - how would you solve this problem? Adult tickets to a play cost $12 and ...
- Algebra - For the school play, one adult ticket costs $10 and one student ticket...
- MTED402 - THERE WERE 390 ADULT AND CHILDREN TICKETS THAT WERE SOLD AT A PLAY. ...
- Math 70 - At a county fair, an adult ticket sold for $6.00, a senior citizen’s ...
- Algebra - A movie theater manager wants to know how many adults and how many ...
- algebra - Ticket Prices Two hundred tickets were sold for a baseball game, which...
- algebra - Adult tickets to a play cost $2.25 each and student tickets cost $1.75...
- math - for the school play, child tickets cost $3 and adult tickets cost $5. The...