Posted by christina on Monday, July 16, 2007 at 12:20am.
For an example of charge balance in my text it says
Write a charge balance eqzn for an aqueous sol that contains NaCl,
, & Al2
The answer given is:
[Na+] + [H30+] + 2[Ba+] + 3[Al3+]= [ClO4-] + [NO3-] + 2[SO42-] + [HSO4-] + [OH-]
I know that the rxns are:
NaCl=> Na+ + Cl-
Ba(ClO4)2 => 2Ba2+
=> 2Al3+ + 3SO42-
+ H2O => H2SO4- + OH-
The thing is I don't know how they get [NO3] from these being combined together
Maybe I forgot an rxn? b/c the rxn's aren't shown, just the answer...
2H2O => H3O+ + OH-
The answer book goofed. NO3^- doesn't belong and Cl^- has been omitted. I suspect the original salt was NaNO3 and not NaCl. I think the answer then would be ok.
Thanks Dr.Bob, I was wondering where they got the NO3 from
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math! - george entered a function into his calculator andfound the following ...
- check! - Write a recursive formula that generates the terms of the following...
- chemistry - I was way off on the other problem. But I see how you got the answer...
- Math - If there is a recursively defined sequence such that a1 = sqrt(2) an + 1...
- man alive! can someone check for me? - I am so bad when it comes to mathI I ...
- alg2 (sequences) - how do i find the pattern for: -4,8,-12,16 if the last number...
- Calculus - A baseball, hit 3 feet above the ground, leaves the bat at an angle ...
- half-life - If 250mg of a radioactive element decays to 200mg in 48 hours, find ...
- Statistics - Consider pairs <x,y>,...,<xn,yn> for i=1, ...,n. zi=cxi...
- chemistry - The definition of pH is: pH = -log 10[H^+] what is the defintion of ...