July 30, 2016
Post a New Question
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Which sentence contains a dangling modifier?
1. When the storm began to abate, we went home.
2. By the light of the moon, I tripped over a rock.
3. The dog that is man's best friend is cat's worst enemy.
I don't see any dangling modifiers in here. Here are some websites with really good explanations so you can check them out. Then below, I'll explain what each sentence is.
1. introductory adverbial (dependent) clause + main clause
2. introductory prepositional phrases + main clause
3. main clause with a relative (dependent) clause in it
Let me know if you have more questions.
Answer This Question
- . Which of the following sentences has a dangling modifier? A. The dog ...
- Which of the following sentences has a dangling modifier? 1 - When the...
- Which of the following sentences has a compound predicate? A. She ...
- Sports fans may disagree about whether going to baseball games or ...
English: Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers
- I have difficulty determining ...
- The following sentence contains a dangling or misplaced modifier. ...
- the sentence has a dangling modifier did i fix it? “Swimming at the ...
- What is the name of the common error in the following sentence? -...
- Identify the sentence that contains a dangling modifier. 1.To assemble...
- Need this checked- 1.Identify the sentence that contains a dangling ...
More Related Questions
Not yet registered?
Click here to register!
© 2016 Jiskha Homework Help