February 22, 2017
Post a New Question
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Which sentence contains a dangling modifier?
1. When the storm began to abate, we went home.
2. By the light of the moon, I tripped over a rock.
3. The dog that is man's best friend is cat's worst enemy.
I don't see any dangling modifiers in here. Here are some websites with really good explanations so you can check them out. Then below, I'll explain what each sentence is.
1. introductory adverbial (dependent) clause + main clause
2. introductory prepositional phrases + main clause
3. main clause with a relative (dependent) clause in it
Let me know if you have more questions.
Answer This Question
- . Which of the following sentences has a dangling modifier? A. The dog ...
- Which of the following sentences has a dangling modifier? 1 - When the...
- Which of the following sentences has a compound predicate? A. She ...
- The name of the common error in the following sentenece? My ...
- Sports fans may disagree about whether going to baseball games or ...
Writing skills 1
- 1. Which of the following is correct in regard to the use of...
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA - Writing Skills 1
- 1. Which of the following is correct in...
English: Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers
- I have difficulty determining ...
- The following sentence contains a dangling or misplaced modifier. ...
- what is the subject of the sent? after her dog ran away from home, ...
More Related Questions
© 2017 Jiskha Homework Help