Posted by Sharma on Sunday, July 8, 2007 at 5:33pm.
The following relations describe the supply and demand for posters.
Qd = 65,000 – 10,000 P
Qs = -35,000 + 15,000P
Where Q is the quantity and P is the price of a poster, in dollars.
a. Complete the following table.
Price Qs Qd Surplus or Shortage
b. What is the equilibrium price?
Chapter 4 Page 108 Problem 2
The demand function for a cola-type soft drink in general is Q = 20-2P, where Q stands for quantity and P stands for price.
1. Calculate point elasticities at prices of 5 and 9. Is the demand curve elastic or inelastic at these points?
2. Calculate arc elasticity at the interval between P = 5 and P = 6.
3. At which price would a change in price and quantity result in approximately no change in total revenue? Why?
a. Is just a metter of plugging in numbers.
When P = $6, Qd (demand) = 5000 and Qs = 55,000, for a surplus of 50,000.
When P=$4, 4, Qd = 25,000 and Qs = 25,000
b. Clearly the equilibrium price is $4, since that is where Qs=Qd
For problem 2, review the definitions of point and arc elasticites and compute the approprate values.
R = P*Q = 20P - 2P^2.
dR/dP = 0 when 20 - 4P = 0
P = $5 is the price at which small price changes do not affect revenue
Answer this Question
- Managerial Economics - The following relations describe the supply and demand ...
- ecomonics - I am trying to understand the math part of supply and demand . I am ...
- Economics - Annual demand and supply for the Entronics company is given by: QD...
- Microeconomics - Am I calculating the Marginal Revenue when you get the quantity...
- Micro ECONOMICS - The majority of the world’s diamonds comes from Country A and ...
- economics - The majority of the world’s diamonds comes from Country A and ...
- Economics - Given the following information calculate the Marginal Revenues. I ...
- microeconomics, please help me solve . - The majority of the world’s diamonds ...
- Managerial Economics - Given the demand & supply Function for product 'x' at ...
- adult education - The majority of the world’s diamonds comes from Country A and ...