Posted by gjet on Monday, June 25, 2007 at 2:43pm.
I am lost in this Genetics Maze. Here is my assignment:
Write out a cross using genotypes as parents
Determine Possible Gametes that may be formed
Use a Punett Square to establish the genotypes of all possible progeny.
Determine the Genotype Ratio of the progeny. Count the number of identical genotypes and express them as a ratio of the total genotypes
Use the info below to determine the phenotype ratio from the genotype ratio:
Purple Flowers, PP or Pp
Yellow seeds, YY or Yy
Round seeds, RR or Rr
Tall plants, TT or Tt
White flowers, pp
Green seeds, yy
Wrinkled seeds, rr
Dwarf plants, tt
OK, Im lost, do I just make one separate punett square for each trait (ending up with 4 punett squares) or do I put all them on one big square? Professor wants us to complete the F1 generation.
I sure would appreciate some help. I am a non-tradtional college student and have never had biology, havent been in school since 1983. I need this by tomorrow would appreciate some guidance
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology - Mendel is the father of modern genetics, but there are some genetic ...
- Biology - Assignment Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: Completed ...
- biology - two fruitflies were mated. Red eys and normal wings are dominant to ...
- biology - Hi there! I have this question for my bio/genetics homework, and I can...
- genetics - How do you determine genotypes? The only way to determine genotypes ...
- Biology - Hi! If I have two plants with the genotypes Rrtt and rrTt where red ...
- Biology - Genetics - Please help me!!!! I need help with this practice test ...
- genetic homework - Albinism in humans is inherited as a simple recessive trait. ...
- college Genetics - In tomatoes, tall(D) is dominant over dwarf (d) and smooth ...
- biology - consider two plants wuth the genotypes Rrtt and rrTt where red color (...