Posted by Tomi on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 9:09am.
Please help me with this questions, i tried doing it by myself but they are too hard. so pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssseeee help me.
1. Shown here is the graph of which of the following equations?
A. y = –x – 3 C. y = x – 3
B. y = 3 – x D. y = x + 3
2. Which of the following relationships is a function?
A. Domain Range
C. Domain Range
B. y2 = x2 – 3x + 4 D. y2 = 2x2
3. Which of the equations below describes the graph shown here?
A. y = x – 2 C. y = –x + 2
B. y = x + 2 D. y = –x – 2
4. Joe works for a temporary employment agency that pays him $25 per
week plus his regular
wages, if he works a 40-hour week. If Joe works 40 hours on an
assignment that pays $11.00
an hour, how much does he make for the week?
A. $440 C. $415
B. $465 D. $1440
5. Suppose a family starts out 50 miles from home at time t = 0. They
travel away from home at a
constant speed of 45 miles an hour. What’s the equation that tells
you how far they’ll be from
home t hours later? (Assume d is distance in miles.)
A. d = 50t C. d = 50t + 45
B. d = 45t D. d = 45t + 50
6. Fifty people own 4,000 books. What is the ratio of people to books?
A. 1 : 80 C. 40 : 1
B. 80 : 1 D. 1 : 40
7. If 30 cents out of every 1 dollar goes to taxes, and the rest is net
income, what is the ratio of
taxes to net income?
A. 3 : 10 C. 3 : 7
B. 30 : 1 D. 30 : 7
8. In a fast-food restaurant, the ratio of people eating hamburgers to
people eating chicken is
4 : 3. There are 84 people in the restaurant. How many people are
eating hamburgers and
how many are eating chicken?
A. Twelve people are eating hamburgers; 72 people are eating chicken.
B. Twenty-one people are eating hamburgers; 63 people are eating
C. Thirty-six people are eating hamburgers; 48 people are eating
D. Forty-eight people are eating hamburgers; 36 people are eating
9. Solve the following equation: 6⁄11 = 114⁄n.
A. n = 111 C. n = 209
B. n = 119 D. n = 684
10. Suppose three out of every five people said they would prefer a
television set to a stereo system.
If we surveyed 5,000 people, how many would prefer a television set?
A. 1,875 C. 3,125
B. 3,000 D. 5,000
11. If the triangles in the following figure are proportional, what is
the length of side b?
A. 32.4 C. 40
B. 36 D. 45
12. At a constant speed of 55 mph, the distance traveled is directly
proportional to the time of
travel, d = 55t.
If a car travels at 55 mph for 3 hours, how far does it go?
A. 165 miles C. 275 miles
B. 192.5 miles D. 550 miles
13. The amount of sales tax charged is proportional to the value of the
item bought. If the tax on a
$110.00 item is $8.50, what is the tax on a $150.00 item?
A. $9.50 C. $11.50
B. $10.00 D. $11.59
14. What is log10100?
A. 1 C. 3
B. 2 D. 4
15. Solve log 1/100 = log(10x + 2).
A. x = 4 C. x = –2
B. x = 0 D. x = –4
16. Solve y = log3243.
A. y = 0 C. y = 5
B. y = 3 D. y = 243
17. Solve log2 8 + log232.
A. log240 C. 2 log210
B. 2 D. 8
18. Solve log660 – log630.
A. log630 C. log62
B. 5 D. 2
19. Find the value of log10 6.85 to the nearest ten thousandth using
the table on page 71.
A. .8293 C. .8357
B. .8325 D. .8388
20. Solve the following equation for x: 64 = 23x.
A. x = 1 C. x = 2.5
B. x = 2 D. x = 3
We are not going to do your test for you.
- algebra II, Functions, Ratios, Proportions, and Lo - Mike, Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 11:19am
- algebra II, Functions, Ratios, Proportions, and Lo - Anonymous, Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 9:05pm
if 30 cent out of every 1 dollar goes to taxes, and the rest is net income, what is the ratio of taxes to net income
- algebra II, Functions, Ratios, Proportions, and Lo - Anonymous, Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 7:39pm
- algebra II, Functions, Ratios, Proportions, and Lo - Anonymous, Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 1:56am
- algebra II, Functions, Ratios, Proportions, and Lo - Anonymous, Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 5:51pm
- algebra II, Functions, Ratios, Proportions, and Lo - Anonymous, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 2:06pm
to the person who posted all of those answers. There wrong!! thanks a lot u jerk!
- algebra II, Functions, Ratios, Proportions, and Lo - nerdster, Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 10:10am
I took the test and the real answers are
- algebra II, Functions, Ratios, Proportions, and Lo - Anonymous, Saturday, June 28, 2014 at 11:51am
thank you so much, nerdster.
you are amazing. They are all right 100%
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- TRIANGLE SIMILARITIES RATIOS AND PROPORTIONS - imageshack(.)(us)/photo/my-images...
- 8th grade Algebra I (junior level math) - Hello, I am currently in Unit 4-1 (...
- Algebra - Below is the graph of a polynomial function f with real coefficients. ...
- Geometry - Using your calculateor, look at the successive ratios (of the ...
- Math ( Percents as Ratios) - Sue receives a test score of 75% on a test with 20 ...
- math 6th grade proportions - Sorry if I may be bugging you,but this homework is ...
- Writing - The propmt is Write a story about a time that I did something that ...
- Algebra 1 Explanation (Anyone, please!) - Please, can anyone explain the concept...
- College algebra - Answer the questions about the following functions. f(x) = 14^...
- ALGEBRA 2 (LOGARITHMIC FUNCTIONS) - These are some I chose to practice but I ...