Posted by Joshua on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 11:44am.
Describe Operating systems theory and configuration at the Unix kernel/Windows registry level
Describe standard operating system services (RPC, NetBIOS, etc)
Describe File storage, management, and security shemes
Describe command line administration of UNIX/Windows
Describe computer memory organization and architecture - hard drive, RAM, cache, etc. I am pretty fimiluar with this but a brief description would help.
Describe TCP/IP packet and frame structures, protocol interactions, and routing math
Descibe the in-depth details of loading a web page or sending an email at the protocol, packet, and frame level
Describe the process of running an executable command rom the command line interface. Include the various kernel, file system, memory, and storage device transactions that must take place to get the application up and running.
Describe firewall and Intrusion Detection Systems - set-up, read, and understand settings
Describe network connectivity troubleshooting
Describe network forensic tools and tecniques
Describe malicious code theory (not just definitions) - buffer overflow, virus, worm, etc.
I have a BS in computer science but its been about 3 to 4 years since I graduated and I need to know this stuff for an up coming job. I am sure some or most of it will be refresher for me. Thanks
You're asking someone to write books for you!!
Try this as a start:
In addition, you can look up terms at various online dictionaries and encyclopedias:
LOL... I know... I just thought maybe I would throw the questions they asked me out there and see what I got back.. Thanks
Webopedia, Answers.com, and Wikipedia are some of the best websites I know of where you can get great answers to a very wide range of questions. That's why I gave you links to those.
Please don't hesitate to re-post any questions that you cannot find answers to with those sites, or even Google's advanced search.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- operating system - a. What is the name and version number of the operating ...
- Intro to computer - you want ghost your network's computers with a fresh desktop...
- CIS 105 - Most personal computers come equipped with a version of the Windows ...
- IT 205 - What are the fundamental differences between Windows®, Mac OS®, UNIX, ...
- Business - What are the fundamental differences between Windows®, Mac OS®, UNIX...
- Computers - Most personal computers are equipped with a version of the Windows ...
- operating system - I need a breakdown of Windows, Users & Unix users.. Breakdown...
- IT - What are the fundamental differences between Windows®, Mac OS®, UNIX, and ...
- computer - What is the chronological order of the release of Microsoft GUI ...
- Introduction to Computers - The command prompt found on Windows 7 and Windows 8 ...