Posted by Diana on Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 5:48pm.
1) The length of one of the equal legs of an isisceles triangle is 8cm less than 4 time the length of the base. If the perimeter is 29 cm, find the length of one of the equal legs.
a) 4 cm
B) 5 cm
C) 11 cm
d) 12 cm
2) The perimeter of a rectangle is to be no greater than 300 in., and the length must be 125 in. Find the maximum width of the rectangle.
A) 20 in
B) 25 in
C) 50 in
D) 175 in
1. Solve these two eq
x + 2y = 29
y = 4x - 8
2. 2x + 2y <or= 300
x = 125
250 + 2y <or= 300
2y <or= 50
y <or= ?
would the answer be 25?
math/algebra - Afeez, Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 11:39am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - 1.The length of one of the equal legs of an isosceles triangle is 8 cm ...
- Algebra - The legs of an isosceles triangle are 0.3 foot less than twice the ...
- algebra - The length of the base of an isosceles triangle is one fourth the ...
- Algebra - I posted this yesterday but no one told me if my answers were correct...
- Trig - The length of the base of an isosceles triangle is one fourth the length ...
- algebra 1 - The length of the base of a isosceles triangle is one forth the ...
- Math (Geometry) - The perimeter of right triangle ABC is equal to the perimeter ...
- geometry - The perimeter of right triangle RST is equal to the perimeter of ...
- Pythagoras therem - the two legs of a right angled triangle are equal in length ...
- Math - Two isosceles triangles have perimeters of 8 and 15 centimeters, ...