Posted by Diana on Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 5:48pm.
1) The length of one of the equal legs of an isisceles triangle is 8cm less than 4 time the length of the base. If the perimeter is 29 cm, find the length of one of the equal legs.
a) 4 cm
B) 5 cm
C) 11 cm
d) 12 cm
2) The perimeter of a rectangle is to be no greater than 300 in., and the length must be 125 in. Find the maximum width of the rectangle.
A) 20 in
B) 25 in
C) 50 in
D) 175 in
1. Solve these two eq
x + 2y = 29
y = 4x - 8
2. 2x + 2y <or= 300
x = 125
250 + 2y <or= 300
2y <or= 50
y <or= ?
would the answer be 25?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - 1.The length of one of the equal legs of an isosceles triangle is 8 cm ...
- algebra - The length of the base of an isosceles triangle is one fourth the ...
- Algebra - The legs of an isosceles triangle are 0.3 foot less than twice the ...
- Trig - The length of the base of an isosceles triangle is one fourth the length...
- ASAP math - how you do this: The perimeter of an isosceles triangle is 36cm, and...
- algebra 1 - The length of the base of a isosceles triangle is one forth the ...
- math - The base of an isosceles triangle is four less than the sum of the ...
- Algebra - I posted this yesterday but no one told me if my answers were correct...
- alegbra - This isosceles triangle has two sides of equal length, a, that are ...
- Math (Geometry) - The perimeter of right triangle ABC is equal to the perimeter ...