Posted by DANIELLE on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 1:35pm.
Given: ABCD is a parallelogram; <1 is congruent to <2
To Prove: ABCD is a Rhombus
Plan: Show <2 is congruent to < CAB.
hence CB is congruent to AB,
making ABCD a parallelogram
with consecutive sides congruent
1. ABCD is a parallelogram 1.Given
<1 is congruent to <2
2. Draw segment from A to C 2. Two points determine exactly one line
3.< 1 & <3 are congruent 3. Alternate angles are congruent
4. AC bisects angle 1&2 4. Def. of Angle bisector
5 . m<DAB=m<BCD 5. Opposite angles in a parallelogram are equal
6. <2 & <3 are congruent 6. Transitive prop 7 . AB=BC 7. Sides oposite are congruent angles
8.<1 & <2 8. Cor.parts are eual
9. AB=BC=CD=DA 9. ABCD is a rhombus
Geometry - Anonymous, Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 9:06pm
Given that ABCD is a parallelogram with , mABC = 5x + 40, and mBCD = ax, find the value of a.
Geometry - Anonymous, Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 7:37pm
given rhombus ABCD, with diagonal BD and m<ABD=40,what is the m<A?
Geometry - Anonymous, Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 2:08pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - I really need some help please!!!!! Am I on the right tract? Given: ...
- Geometry - Can some one please check these for me.Thanks Angle DEF is similar to...
- geometry - Can you prove ABCD is a parallelogram based on the given information...
- Geometry - Write a two column proof: Given: ABCD is a parallelogram BQ is ...
- geometry - Given: QRST is a parallelogram. Prove: QRST is a square. Complete ...
- Geometry - I need the statements and reasons for this: ABCD is a parallelogram ...
- geometry - A quadrilateral has vertices A(3, 5), B(2, 0), C(7, 0), and D(8, 5). ...
- Geometry - justify the last two steps of the proof. Given: ABCD is a ...
- math - What phrase is used to describe a rhombus? A. a parallelogram with four ...
- Geometry-Please check - I have two questions If a parallelogram is a rhombus, ...