Posted by sarah on Friday, June 8, 2007 at 5:53pm.
number of films seen by a group of people during the past year
No of films seen 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
No of people 23 12 9 6 3 4 2 0 1
What percentage of people had seen more than 4 films during the year?
would it be 10/60 = 0.1666 x 100 = 16.6%
is this right???
It took me a while to understand your problem. I assume it means that 23 people saw 0 films, 12 saw 1 film, 9 saw 2 films, etc.
Only 7 people saw MORE than 4 films (10 saw more than 3 films)
Find the percentage for 7/60.
so would it be 7/60 = 0.12 x 100 = 11.67 so to 1 decimal place it would be 11.6% is this right?
You're right -- except in the rounding. 11.67 rounded to the nearest tenth is 11.7%,
was just wondering shouldnt it be 10 people that saw more then 4 films beacause: 3 people saw 4 films, 4 people saw 5 films, 2 people saw 6 films, 1 people saw 8 films and the total people that watched more then 4 films is 10 (3+4+2+1)
Sarah the three people who saw four films, did NOT see more than four films. 7 people saw MORE than four films.
If it meant "4 or more films," it would have stated that, right?
4 or more films = 10
more than 4 films = 7
Read your assignments carefully!
Three people saw 4 films. Your question asks how many people saw more than 4 films
oh right so i don't include the people who only saw 4 films. get it now thank you for your help.
You're very welcome.
so if i wanted to work out the mean number of films seen by these people in the year i would do the total amount of people which is 60 divided by the total value which is 10 so that is 60/10 ??
The mean is the average number of films seen by this group. If "these people" are those who saw more than 4 films, you'd add the total number of films seen (20 + 12 + 8) and divide by 7.
If you need the mean for all of the people, you'd add 12 + 18 + 18 + 12 + 20 + 12 + 8. Divide that sum by 60.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - Sixty people were asked how many films they had seen in the past year. ...
- maths - number of films seen by a group of people during the past year No of ...
- spirituality and supernatural - We can see that spirituality and the ...
- Math - Action Video rents only action and horror films. Over one 7 day period, ...
- Statistics - An entertainment company owns and operates movie theaters in ...
- Englis110/History120 - Writing about movies - Hi, my name is Jen. I need some ...
- Physics - Why are interference colors more apparant for thin films than for ...
- MATHS - Could you please help? On July 5, in the area around Center Village, ...
- English - Connected Texts - Can anyone suggest two films that I could use to ...
- FRENCH! - Can someone check if my sentences for my story are written correctly...