Posted by Diana on Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 12:21am.
solve each of the following systems by substitution.
16) 5x -2y = -5
y - 5x = 3
20) 8x -4y = 16
y = 2x - 4
28) 4x -12y = 5
-x + 3y = -1
Step one: Solve on of the equations for one of the variables.
Step two:Substitute the expression for the variable found in step one into the other equation.
Step three:Solve the equation from step two to find the value of one variable.
Use the distributive property
Step four:Substitute the value found in step three in any equation containing both variables to find the value of the other variable.
step five: check the proposed solution in the orginal system.
The equation is equal, so it is correct.
3y=-x or -3y=x
y=5 +60 +60
260/4 - 60=5
65 - 60 = 5
5 = 5
I hope I helped
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Solve the following systems by substitution. 4x-12y=5 -x+3y=-1
- Algebra - How do I solve the following by substitution: 5x -2y =-5 y - 5x = 3 8x...
- Algebra 1 - solve each following system by substitution. 4x-12y=5 -x+3y=-1
- Algebra 1 - solve each following system by substitution 4x-12y=5 -x+3y=-1
- Algebra - Solve by substitution: 4x-12y =5 -x + 3y = -1
- algebra - Solve by substitution; 4x-12y=5 -x+3y
- Algebra - How to solve by substitution: 4x - 12y=5 -x + 3y = -1
- Algebra - Can someone show me step by step how to do this problem to have an ...
- math - Solve this system 4x-12y=5 ,-x+3y=-1 by substitution
- algebra - Solve each of the following systems by using either addition or ...