Posted by Jason on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 1:52pm.
If some one can get me started, I should be able to graph this.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
SUMMER, 2007 ASSIGNMENT #1
The Wellbuilt Company produces two types of wood chippers, Deluxe and Economy.
The Deluxe model requires 3 hours to assemble and ½ hour to paint, and the Economy
model requires 2 hours to assemble and 1 hour to paint. The maximum number of
assembly hours available is 24 per day and the maximum number of painting hours
available is 8 per day. If the profit on the Deluxe model is $18 per unit and the profit on
the Economy model is $16 per unit, how many units of each model will maximize profit?
Let x = number of Deluxe models
y = number of Economy models
a. List the constraints
b. Determine the objective function. __________________
c. Graph the set of constraints. Place number of Deluxe models on the horizontal axis
and number of Economy models on the vertical axis.
d. Find the vertices of the feasible region.
e. How many Deluxe models and how many Economy models should the Wellbuilt
Company produce to maximize their profit?
f. What is the maximum profit? __________________
graph on two axis. right axis is assembly hours, up axis is paint hours.
So Deluxe intercepts is 8,0 and 0,16
The economy intercepts are 12,0 and 0, 8
I assume you can do the rest.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - The Wellbuilt Company produces two types of wood chippers, Deluxe and ...
- Math - The Wellbuilt Company produces two types of wood chippers, Deluxe and ...
- Maths - The Wellbuilt Company produces two types of wood chippers, Deluxe and ...
- Math - Linear Inequalities - The Wellbuilt Company produces two types of wood ...
- College admission letter - I got a letter from university,it tells me that they ...
- System of Linear Equations - A manufacturer produces three types of radios: ...
- Algebra 2 - Problem Solving - A manufacturer of cell phones makes a profit of $...
- Accounting - R company putchased many tools during 2007 at a total cost of $8,...
- math - A manufacturer produces three types of radios: deluxe, standard and ...
- MATH - A manufacturer produces three types of radios: deluxe, standard and ...